Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Today is a new day

Today marks the day that I will be "98% off the grid"... or at least that's what I'm calling it. A few months back I had the unfortunate event of breaking my smart phone....again. Knowing that I am a poor college student I decided it was time to cut the cord, I went back to the Razr. Surprisingly it wasn't that bad. This has given me the "courage" to go another 48% and deactivate Facebook.

Yes it currently is only for Lent, but I think it will be a really good thing for me to reach out and start to become more social on a more personal basis. I think that our society today is starting to loose that personal connection and human interaction. I know that I have seen this happen in my own life (I realized this by asking a girl out via text message). Nonetheless 40 days away from the time consuming Facebook along with a simple phone should really give me time to focus on whats more important, Christ. 

We will see. We will see.


No comments:

Post a Comment